Adam J. Viener|
1201 Tottenham Court, Reston VA 20194
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Self-motivated, successful, and dedicated marketing and product management professional with 11 years of management experience. Creative “outside-the-box” thinker with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and proven ability to innovate and bring new products and services to market. Expertise in product management, strategic marketing, and business development, with a deep understanding of Internet technologies.
Yazing, Reston, Virginia - (2015 - Current)|
Yazing cashback shopping and influencer network enabling members to earn the top commission rates on every purchase they make and influence online.
Sucessfully launched Yazing in 2015 and nominited as retail publisher of the year for 2016 by Commission Junction.
IMWAVE, INC., Reston, Virginia - (2003 - Current)
IMWave is a strategic Internet marketing / advertising agency helping companies dramatically increase targeted sales opportunities through search engine marketing, pay-per-click advertising on search engines, and affiliate programs.
PRESIDENT & FOUNDER
Identified an early trend in pay-per-click search engine advertising and capitalized on past experience with affiliate marketing to create a profitable and growing business.
NETWORK SOLUTIONS, Herndon, Virginia - (2002 - 2004)
- Generated $3M in online sales for affiliated companies in 2003 and over $4.5M in the first quarter of 2004 for a current annual run rate of over $18M.
- Increased sales by 300% for The Morrison House Hotel by implementing search engine keyword advertising on Google and Overture, optimizing their site for the search engines, and improving sales conversions trough Website usability enhancements.
Network Solutions offers a full range of Web-related services, including domain names, Web sites and e-mail that make it simpler and affordable for customers to build and manage a Web presence through a single, experienced provider. As the industry's largest registrar of domain names, Network Solutions manages over 9 million domain names.
Manage mutiple products, including Network Solutions’ innovative Web Site Manager product that enables small businesses to quickly and easily create and publish professional Web sites utilizing professional design templates and a simple site management application.
EARTHLINK, Reston, Virginia - (1998-2001)
- Developed, championed, and negotiated project requirements with upper management, cross-functional teams and engineers to gain buy-in and lock-down project initiatives.
- Generated and successfully implemented innovative concepts for improving product usability with added functionality, increased application performance by 27%, and grew sales of 5 & 10 page Web sites by 61%.
- Manage existing vendor relationships, identifying and recovering significant overcharges, and successfully negotiating lower future costs reducing the annual budget by over $300k.
- Became the #4 sales affiliate for the company by marketing the company’s affiliate links through pay-per-click search engine advertisements on Google and Overture.
EarthLink (Nasdaq: ENLK) is one of the largest Internet service providers with over 5 million subscribers. EarthLink provides a full range of innovative access, hosting and e-commerce solutions to thousands of communities over a nationwide network of dial-up points of presence, as well as high-speed access and wireless technologies. Through a series of acquisitions, the company now owns Cyberia, the original company that I founded in 1993.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & CHANNEL SALES - (1999-2000)
Built and managed geographically disbursed team of marketing and sales professionals to promote and grow the Internet services business in targeted secondary markets.
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS SERVICES DEVELOPMENT - (1998-1999)
- Created detailed $6M expansion strategy to increase subscribers by 72% over three quarters.
- Built and managed an incredible team of 14 sales and marketing professionals whose results consistently out performed the other regions.
- Reduced subscriber churn rates by 24.7% in troubled market by developing and implementing strategic customer retention strategy.
- Created a strategic customer "lock-in" strategy to combat a new competitive risk in an important market with over $400,000 in monthly revenue and 20,000 customers at risk.
Re-organized Internet consulting, web design, web hosting, and corporate Internet connections group into one focused business services division, dedicated to understanding the needs of our business clients and aggressively acquiring new business customers.
CYBERIA, York, Pennsylvania - (1993-1998)
- Created and implemented a strategic plan for building a profitable business services division.
- Increased sales of new web hosting customers by 271% over quota in first 6 months.
- Grew sales of Internet consulting and web design projects by 793% while increasing gross margins by 56% in the first 6 months by outselling the combined 6 person sales force by 30%.
- Developed sales scripts and delivered training classes to our sales team based on the Sandler professional selling system.
Cyberia was York Pennsylvania's first commercial on-line service and later evolved into York's first graphical Internet service provider. Based on outstanding sales growth and consistent profitability, Cyberia was named Central Pennsylvania's start-up company of the year in 1996 and was ultimately acquired in 1998.
PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER
Recognized and capitalized on an early trend in the on-line services industry by turning a long-time hobby and passion for using and running on-line services into a full-time business.
- Created business plan, invested initial capital, and obtained bank and vendor financing.
- Developed and implemented strategic marketing and public relations campaigns to position Cyberia as "York's Internet Specialist".
- Recognized early customer demand for Internet services and transitioned from on-line services to a premium priced Internet services strategy in early 1995.
- Meticulously engineered all aspects of the Cyberia customer experience by developing the on-line services, creating the Internet connection software tools, and by crafting automated outbound letters to customers based on specific time intervals or customer events.
- Awarded Central Pennsylvania's start-up company of the year for 1996 based on outstanding sales growth and consistent profitability.
- Sold company in 1998, earning a 9,150% return on investment.
TULANE UNIVERSITY'S A.B. FREEMAN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, New Orleans, LA
Bachelors of Science in Management (GPA 3.6) - (Cum-Laude 1991)
Studies concentrating in Information Systems, Marketing, and Finance.
Member of Beta Gamma Sigma, national honor society.
THE MERCERSBURG ACADEMY, Mercersburg, PA - (1987)